Still with the name Baja International Film Festival, the second edition took place on November 13th through 16th in Pabellón Cultural de la República and Puerto Paraíso. Throughout four days 35 films were screened, we had a total of 80 film screenings: 6 world premieres, 14 national premieres and 1 Latin American premiere.
In 2013, the first edition of the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund was held, a film fund that so far continues its work to support Mexican cinema and its link with American and Canadian cinema.
In the festival’s second edition, we paid tribute to:
Gael García- Bernal: We projected The Science of Sleep by French director Michel Gondry.
Mantarraya Producciones: We commemorated their 15th anniversary by screening 3 of their productions, presented by their directors; Stellet Licht by Carlos Reygadas, Sangre by Amat Escalante and Alamar by Pedro González-Rubio.
Philippe Falardeau: We celebrated his talent and trajectory by granting him the Spotlight award, and by screening Monsieur Lazhar.
SARAH PREFERS TO RUN (Canada)
Winner of the Official Selection in Competencia Los Cabos
Director: Chloé Robichaud
LOS INSÓLITOS PECES GATO (Mexico)
Winner of the Official Selection in México Primero
Director: Claudia Sainte- Luce
LA VIDA DESPUÉS (Mexico)
Winner of the México Primero Moviecity Award
Director: David Pablos
EL COMIENZO DEL TIEMPO (Mexico)
Winner of the Work In Progress México Award
Director: Bernardo Arellano
LOS BAÑISTAS (Mexico)
Special Mention Work In Progress
Director: Max Zunino
Winner of the Work In Progress – Moviecity Award
Director: Marcelo Tobar
EL REGRESO DEL MUERTO (México)
Winner of the Work In Progress Splendor Omnia Mantarraya Award
Director: Gustavo Gamou
ALPHÉE DES ÉTOILES (Canada)
Director: Hugo Latulippe
**Latin American Premiere
GABRIEL FIGUEROA FUND AWARD – DEVELOPMENT STAGE
1. Epitafio, directed by Yuleine Olaizola.
2. Operación Baby, directed by José Luis Valle.
3. Irekani, directed by Gabriel Mariño.
4. Semana Santa, directed by Alejandra Márquez.
5. Lisboa, directed by Pablo Delgado Sánchez.
6. La Raya, directed by Yolanda Cruz.
7. La Tempestad, directed by Tatiana Huezo.
GABRIEL FIGUEROA FUND AWARD IN POST-PRODUCTION
1. El comienzo del tiempo, directed by Bernardo Arellano.
2. Edén, directed by Elise DuRant.
BAJAFILMFEST- DOCSFORUM AWARD
1. La Plaza de la Soledad, directed by Martha Sosa y Maya Goded.
1. Los Insólitos Peces Gato, directed by Claudia Sainte- Luce.
2. LuTo, directed by Katina Medina Mora.
3. Bering, equilibrio y resistencia, directed by Lourdes Grobet.
BENGALA – UANL AWARD
1. Ya no estoy aquí, directed by Fernando Frías.
Catalogue 2013 Industry catalogue 2013 Poster 2013