GABRIEL FIGUEROA FILM FUND RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The 2018 Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund contemplates three types of projects:
Film Projects in Development Stage: Feature-length films produced by or co-produced with Mexico, USA or Canada in affiliation with any other country.
TV Projects in Development Stage: Fiction or documentary television series produced by or co-produced with Mexico or any other Latin American country.
Work in Progress: feature-length films in post-production stage produced by or co-produced with Mexico.
2. Production companies may participate with any number of projects deemed necessary.
3. All submitted projects must have a producer.
4. Submissions that do not comply with the requirements specified in the Call for Entries will be automatically disqualified.
5. The jury has the authority to bestow Honorable Mentions, which do not imply a cash prize.
6. Cash prizes will not be divided or shared.
7. Winners must sign an agreement or contract stating acceptance and compliance with each and every award-granting institution.
8. Cash prizes granted by GFFF will be given to the project’s producer.
9. Cash prizes granted by GFFF will be disbursed only once the corresponding invoice from the beneficiary is produced. The VAT (value-added tax) is already included in the prize money. The transaction will be governed by current Mexican Federal and State tax laws.
10. The Award ceremony and announcement of winners of GFFF will take place during the closing ceremony (November 10th) of the seventh edition of the Los Cabos International Film Festival.
11. Submission of works implies the acceptance of the Rules and Regulations stated herein.
12. Los Cabos International Film Festival reserves the right to extend direct invitations to projects to encourage their participation in any of the GFFF Calls for Entry.
13. Any concerns not contemplated within the present Call for Entries will be resolved by the Organizing Committee.
The deadline for submitting all projects is August 22nd, 2018 at 18:00 hrs.
For each project submitted, applicants must:
1. Fill in the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund application form (only once) through the Eventival platform (to gain access to the form it is necessary to create a username and password). In the event the work is selected, the information provided will be used for the Festival catalogue.
2. Participants must submit preselection materials electronically, through password protected streaming links provided in the appropriate folders within the application.
3. The person who signs the application form will be the liaison for all aspects related to the project’s participation in the Festival.
III SELECTED FILM AND TELEVISION PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT AND WORK IN PROGRESS
1. The list of projects and feature-length films selected to participate in GFFF-Meetings will be published on the Festival’s official website on Thursday, October 11th, 2018.
2. The 20 selected projects will travel to Los Cabos and will be able to participate in GFFF-Meetings, one-on-one sessions with professionals of the international filmmaking industry: sales representatives, distributors, production companies, representatives from international film festivals, television networks, on-demand streaming platforms, financiers, etc.
3. The project’s representatives must commit to participate in GFFF-Meetings sessions which will take place from November 8th – 10th during the Los Cabos International Film Festival.
4. Aside from participating in GFFF-Meetings, representatives from the selected GFFF-Work in Progresscategory must be present at the screening of their feature-length film which will take place from November 8th – 10th during the Los Cabos International Film Festival.
5. Having made the official GFFF selection public, the Festival’s Guest Department will contact listed representatives for each selected entry. Once travelling itineraries and participation schedules have been agreed upon and emitted, it is the guests’ responsibility to cover any expenses associated with changes in itineraries.
6. The address for submitting materials for GFFF- Work In Progress will be announced once participation is confirmed.
IV WINNING PROJECTS AND FEATURE FILMS
The projects awarded by GFFF shall be considered to participate in the screening program of the 2019 Los Cabos International Film Festival.
Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico, May 14th, 2018